Dina
Dallas

Sao Paulo

Cultural things to do in Sao Paulo?

I'm planning my very first trip to Sao Paulo and I'd like to know where I can really get immersed with the local history and culture.  Any recommendations?

David from Sao Paulo

Well,If you want a Bohemian place, you should go to Bar Samba in Vila Madalena. But, if you like to eatyou should go to Mercado Municipal de São Paulo in the morning.

1. Bar Samba (restaurant)
  2. Mercado Municipal de São Paulo (attraction)

Natália from Sao Paulo

Augusta Street and Vila Madalena are the best places to hang out at night and have great fun. You can check coffees, bars, parties, anything. You you want to see paulistas lifestyle you should walk around Paulista and its Museum of Art of São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand, buildings and cosmopolitan people and Parque do Ibirapuera, where most paulistas get a little bit closer to nature from the city.

1. Augusta Street (restaurant)
  2. Vila Madalena (attraction)
  3. Paulista (attraction)
  4. Museum of Art of São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand (attraction)
  5. Parque do Ibirapuera (attraction)

Tonco from London

Sao Paulo was my first city out of Europe and I absolutely loved it, Mercado Municipal de São PauloMorumbiParque do IbirapueraParque ZoológicoPaulista Ave,R. Augusta

1. Mercado Municipal de São Paulo (attraction)
  2. Morumbi (neighborhood)
  3. Parque do Ibirapuera (attraction)
  4. Parque Zoológico (attraction)
  5. Paulista Ave (attraction)
  6. R. Augusta (attraction)

Yoko

Definitely visit the Museum of Art of São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand for the cultural part. Go to Ibirapuera park to check how the locals enjoy their open spaces (and rent a bycicle!). Try out the delicious sushi, since Brazil in general and São Paulo in particular have the biggest Japanese colony in the world. For the nightlife, there is no better place than Vila Madalena. Check out the panoramic view of the city from Edifício Itália in the city center!

1. Museum of Art of São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand (attraction)
  2. Ibirapuera (neighborhood)
  3. Vila Madalena (attraction)
  4. Edifício Itália (attraction)