Thomas
Kempten

Sao Paulo

Best steak house in Sao Paulo?

Heading to Sao Paulo and am looking for the best Steak House in town. Non touristic please. Hole in the wall local spot is great.

Helmut from Sao Paulo

Hi Thomas, I wouldn't go for a steak in Sao Paulo. You can get steaks anywhere. I would wait until I am very hungry, go to a Chuurascaria and have Picanha until I drop. Churrascarias are all-you-can-eat restaurants, usually with meat and salads of superb quality. Waiters walk around with huge skewers of certain cuts fresh from the grill and readily cut off a piece or two for you. It is a unique and authentic experience. Fogo de Chao is great, but expensive. Vento Haragano is my place of choice, they have 2 restaurants that I know of - one in Pinheiros and one in Brooklin. They are equally good as Fogo de Chao, but less expensive. NB is overrated. Jardineira Grill is supposedly very good, but I haven't been there yet.  

Apart from these top notch churrascarias, there are probably hundred more in SP. Many are titled "Argentinian" or "Gaucho", which refers to the southernmost state of Brazil, Rio Grande donSul. My bet is that almost all of them have fantastic meat and you'll leave them happy.   

I wouldn't go to a hole in the wall place for good meat or authentic steak experience. Those places have to seriously compromise on quality in order to be competitive.

1. Vento Haragano (restaurant)
  2. Jardineira Grill (restaurant)

Babak from Brazil

Not exactly a steak house, but my favourite restaurant in Sao Paulo is Rinconcito Peruano. It's a Peruvian restaurant where an awesome lomo saltado sets you back a mere 18 reais (currently around 4.5 USD). A superb lomo a la pobre is just 22 reais (currently about 5.5 USD), but the thing to eat, here, is really their magnificent ceviche, sold per person up to a family-sized dish.

For a more conventional meal, the nominally Argentine Cacilda serves fantastic meals, including wonderful steaks, in a great setting. Their daily meal deals cost 30 - 35 reais. Their regular meals are 40 - 60 reais.

1. Rinconcito Peruano (restaurant)
  2. Cacilda (restaurant)

Celso from Sao Paulo

Thomas,

Sao Paulo has many fantastic steak house. Now brazilian money is cheap , very cheap for you. 1 USD= R$ 4,00. This is very good http://www.villassp.com.br/a-casa.html about 40 USD/PERSON, self service, excluding alcoolic drink. Lobster and other fish including. Marvelous steak and you eat as you want. Another very famous is Fogo de Chão Vila Olímpia, more expensive, but more beautiful people into the restaurant. If you like "a la carte service" this is very good, Casa de Grelhados Marcos Bassi. I travel for many country around the world, but for eat Sao Paulo is fantastic.

Enjoy, and WELCOME to Brazil.

1. Fogo de Chão Vila Olímpia (restaurant)
  2. Casa de Grelhados Marcos Bassi (restaurant)

Katy from Des Plaines

We stayed in the district called Vila Mariana, and found a wonderful Argentinian restaurant there called Dr. Tchê La Parrilla de La VillaDr. Tche Parilla de la Villa. It's a small but comfortable place, very solicitous wait staff.  Ask about the different cuts of meat. (This is NOT an all-you-can-eat place.) Whichever steak you order, be sure to put chimichurri sauce (which they automatically bring to the table) on it - they have the best chimichurri sauce I've ever tasted.

Other people had great suggestions too. I wanted to mention this one in case you are staying in or near Vila Mariana. Be sure to check the locations of the places suggested. Sao Paulo is huge and every district has pretty much any kind of food you desire.

1. Dr. Tchê La Parrilla de La Villa (restaurant)

Rafael

Sujinho is the best Steak House genuine from Sao Paulo.

1. Sujinho (restaurant)

Vinicius

Fogo de Chão Vila Olímpia is a huge, famous and delicious steak house where you will find the best service and the bests meals.