Allie
Portland

Santa Monica

Fun things to do in Santa Monica?

Taking a trip to Los Angeles and staying in Santa Monica.  What's there fun to do there?  I love good food, happy hours, and nature!

Peter from Munich

To all the already mentioned suggestions I can add check out the Santa Monica Pier It gets sometimes pretty crowded but there is always something going on. If you stay close by avoid going with your car there, they charge for parking everywhere here. 

Maybe you also want to check out the Annenberg Community Beach House http://www.annenbergbeachhouse.com/ Unfortunately the marker on the map here is way off. To find it just walk along the beach front paved walkway or along highway 1. I would recommend beach front, because along highway 1 the sidewalk is sometimes narrow and used as parking lot.

As for a good food I would recommend Patrick's Roadhouse. They have some amazing burgers. I was working not to far from there for a while and went there a lot for lunch and dinner :)

1. Annenberg Community Beach House (attraction)
  2. Patrick's Roadhouse (restaurant)
  3. Santa Monica Pier (attraction)

My all-time favorite restaurant is in Santa Monica--it's called One Pico and it's in Shutters On the Beach, my favorite hotel in the world (conveniently!). It's not cheap, but it's not crazy expensive, either. Both the hotel's other restaurants, Coast and The Living Room are wonderful, too and I'm pretty sure both have happy hours. It's pretty low-key here so if you're looking for something wild, this isn't it, but if you're not, there's no better place. 

1. One Pico (restaurant)
  2. Shutters On the Beach (hotel)
  3. Coast (restaurant)
  4. The Living Room (attraction)

Kelly from Santa Monica

There are cool things to do both in and close to Santa Monica. For delicious organic vegetarian food Cafe Gratitude in Venice is amazing. My favorite hike close to Santa Monica off Sunset Blvd near the Pacific Coast Highway is Los Liones Trailhead it's short and has an amazing view up the top. A cool not so touristy street for food and shops is Main Street its nice to walk up there and then check out the beach. 

1. Santa Monica (city)
  2. Cafe Gratitude (attraction)
  3. Sunset Blvd (attraction)
  4. Los Liones Trailhead (attraction)
  5. Main Street (attraction)