Lynn asked

Southern California to Loudon Tennessee

We are moving from Santa Clarita CA to Loudon TN beginning of March. I am wondering which is the best way to go: I-40 or I-10. We will be driving two cars with a dog and two cats. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. My concern is hitting bad weather that first or second week in March. Recommendations on pet friendly, safe, clean hotels are greatly appreciated.

Santa Clarita Loudon (Tennessee)

Beverly
Hi Lynn!
Welcome to Tennessee! I've lived in Tennessee most of my life.
Since you are planning to head this direction in early March, I would suggest that you take I-10 into Mississippi to avoid any issues with snow/ice. Once there, take I-59 North through Alabama into Tennessee where you should take I-24 East to I-75 North in Chattanooga to the appropriate Loudon edit.
I don't have any recommendations for hotels along your route, but there are many hotels that allow dogs/cats. I would suggest that you check out Bring Fido to help find hotels along the way.  
Please take care and be safe on your travels.