Valerie

Santa Barbara

How far from santa barbara to palm springs and PS to Phoenix?

As stated plus where can i stay for cheep cheep. I hear its 8 hours total driving.  I can only do 4 in a day due to health condition.

Also how much gas for a Nissan Sentra 2007 will it cost?

Is it better to fly from LAX.  Then i need a flyaway bus for 85.00 both ways.

Thank you!~

I don't know what a "flyway bus" is, but the round trip flights from Santa Barbara to Phoenix are about $215.  It is a little cheaper from LAX to Phoenix.  A bus one way is about $80.  You could also take the train to LA and then take a bus to Phoenix and that might be a little cheaper. 

Fuel costs one way will be between $45 and $75 depending on the efficiency of the car and the price of the fuel.  I don't know how much fuel a Nissan uses.  If you know this and you know the mileage and the cost of gas you can figure this out for yourself.  (We do the MPG every time we fill up the car, and I think everyone should be doing this.)

Palm Springs is closer to Santa Barbara than to Phoenix, so it would be closer to half way if you went to Palm Desert  The cheapest place I see there is the Red Roof Inn for $56.00 a night.  There's also a Motel 6 for $60

1. LAX (attraction)
  2. Phoenix (city)
  3. Palm Springs (city)
  4. Santa Barbara (city)
  5. Palm Desert (city)