Chris
Superior (Arizona)

San Sebastian

How many days in San Sebastian?

I changed my plans last minute which leads me to San Sebastian during the peak season of San Fermin. The cost of lodging is triple what it normally would be. I'm curious to know how many days makes sense to stay there. I'm a solo traveler on the start of a year long journey. Thoughts?

Carol from Oregon

We are slow travelers.  Stayed 3 nights in San Sebastian. It is gourmet Capitol.  Stay at Hotel Leku Eder above city. short bus ride and avoid heat and parking probs.  amazing views from rooms. 

1. San Sebastian (city)
  2. Hotel Leku Eder (hotel)

Tom from Arnhem

Hey Chris, I've lived in San Sebastian for about 8 months and I've visited San Fermín as well.

I would say go to San Fermin for 1 day (there are organized busses going every day from and to San Sebastian). San Fermin is absolutely wild, it however, draws a lot of Australian heavy drinking tourists. Which set the mood a bit.

I can imagine you don't want to stay too long in San Sebastian because of the higher prices, it is however an amazing place, with everything you would want as a tourist. Great food, stunning scenery and lovely people.

Take 3 to 4 days in San Sebastian, minimum.

You might even decide to stay longer, like many others have done before you :) enjoy!

1. San Sebastian (city)
  2. San Fermín (neighborhood)

Patricia from Spain

Hi Chris,

San Sebastian is not a very big city. I think that a couple of days is just enough