Katie from Los Angeles asked

Best free things to do in San Ramon (Costa Rica)?

I'm going to be in San Ramon (Costa Rica) next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

San Ramon (Costa Rica)

Tyler Y

There is a great museum in San Ramon (Costa Rica). They put on concerts, exhibits and events all the time. 

Hello Katie. There is not much to do in San Ramon (Costa Rica). Probably I would suggest that you take a bus to Poás Volcano National Park which is one of our major attractions in the Central Valley region and one of the most visited national park. The crater is 1,050 feet deep and it is also the largest active crater in the world. The best time to visit it is early in the morning and the entrance rate is not very expensive. 

Another suggestion will be to take a bus a come to San Jose downtown (the capital of Costa Rica). There are a few interesting museums such as the Museo de Oro Precolombino, Museo Nacional de Costa Rica and our beautiful National Theatre of Costa Rica. It is a great source of proud of us the "ticos" as we are called. One of the best ceilings to admire in the world according to an article I read on the USA Today. There are daily tours inside the theatre (I have taken friends and they loved it) and the cost is pretty low. You can walk the city eastbound as there are small but nice coffee places and bars. There is also a very pleasant and historic neighborhood, home of mansions constructed during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Amón has many historic buildings that have been converted into hotels, and restaurants, making this a very popular district for an architectural stroll (very art/deco).

If you have time and you want to spend some time at the beach, I think there are options of transportation to Jaco.

I love my country. I hope you like it!

Pura vida!!

Bina from San Ramon (Costa Rica)

The Museo de San Ramon near the park is free, as is visiting the gorgeous church.  The feria on Friday afternoons is always a treat! 

1. Museo de San Ramon (attraction)