Debbie from San Francisco asked

Spas and mineral springs around San Luis Obispo

I've heard so much about the natural mineral spring pools in the SLO area and would love to soak in one!  I would prefer a small, private tub-sized pool to a big public one.  Maybe one with spa services, too.  Any suggestions?

San Luis Obispo

Beverly from San Luis Obispo

I've lived in SLO for the past few years and I only know of two, but I've been to both of them and they're both great:

• Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -- I took my mama here for some pampering when she was visiting.  It was heavenly!  We did one of their packages, which included a massage, facial, and soak for about $200 a person, definitely reasonable for what we got.
  • The Madonna Inn -- Came here with my boyfriend and they're pricey, so we only did the massage.  It was an AMAZING massage though.  By pricey, I'm talking $150 facials and $120-$250 massages, and their packages are even more.  Would love to go back someday when I'm on more than a student budget!

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Beverly. They both sound amazing and I can't wait to look up their brochures!!!

Hannah from Milwaukee

My grandma lives in San Luis Obispo, and when my mom and I went to visit her some years ago, she took us to Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort.  After all these years, I still remember it!  It was my first time soaking in a mineral spring and the massage that I had was on of the best I've ever had.  Another thing that I remember -- the smell, but I guess that's too be expected at when there are mineral springs involved.  You get over it quickly though!

Thanks, Hannah! That sounds great. Will definitely look into that!

Hannah
No problem!