Jaycee

San Juan

Where to stay in Puerto Rico

My wife and I are looking to spend a week in San Juan area (or give me some ideas) Puerto Rico. Any suggestion on where to stay ($200 nite) and where to go and do? Any thing will help, never been there.  Thanks

Adrienne from Columbus

I got married in Puerto Rico at Hotel El Convento, a historic old convent that is now a hotel. It's located in the heart of Old San Juan. It's very cute. If you're looking for more of a resort, try the Isla Verde area. This is full of resorts and a little more touristy. I recommend the Hotel InterContinental Resort Casino. The pool and the staff are great. Right next door is El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel, which is upscale but more for a younger crowd, as it houses a bar and club. Very hip and vibrant. Both are beachfront and I believe both have casinos. The Caribe Hilton is also great, but a little more remote.