Lita

Where to stay during Outside Lands

Coming to San Francisco for Outside Lands in August.  It's in Golden Gate Park.  I just need something affordable, safe and clean.  Any suggestions to stay around there would be great!

Nice!  I went to Outside Lands a couple of years ago and it was awesome! 
When it comes to lodging, I don't know if you've ever been to SF before, but the area around Golden Gate Park is more residential than anything and there aren't many hotels around there.  Here are a few spots that I can think of that are close'ish.  They're nothing fancy in this neighborhood, but they're clean, safe and affordable.  They're also all about a mile from the center of the park (it's a big park), so they're walkable:

August isn't that far away, so I would actually try to book now since Outside Lands is a pretty big event.  And if those places are booked up, you actually don't have to stay super close to the park; San Francisco's pretty small and public transportation is really good, so you can cab or bus to the park from anywhere in the city.  Neighborhoods I'd look into are the Mission, Downtown/Union Square, Nob Hill, and Pacific Heights.  Let me know if you need any specific recommendations in those neighborhoods.

One other thing -- Airbnb is really big out here, so you might be able to find a cool spot on there.

Have fun! :)

1. Seal Rock Inn (restaurant)
  2. Geary Parkway Motel (hotel)
  3. Oceanview Motel (hotel)
  4. Moffatt House (attraction)
  5. Monte Cristo Bed & Breakfast (hotel)
  6. The Laurel Inn (hotel)