samer
Dubai

Where is the best place to eat lobster in San Francisco?

I hear the lobster in SF is amazing, wonder where is the best places to have it?

Michael from San Leandro

Only other place with lobster is Bourbon Steak. Michael Mina place in the Westin. Lobster pot pie. Delicious but at 80.00 per pot expensive. Crab is your go to here.

1. Bourbon Steak (attraction)
  2. Michael Mina (restaurant)

Susan from New York City

Skip the lobster and get crab from Swan Oyster Depot

1. Swan Oyster Depot (restaurant)

Janet from Emerald Hills, Ca

Crab, not lobster, is the SF specialty. If you want lobster, go to Boston or Maine. You can get lobster here, and probably decent lobster, but it will be expensive. 

samer from Dubai

Thanks guys for your feedback. Crab it is :)

Anyone want to join me when i reach SF? 

Elliott from San Francisco

Lobster is not native to these parts so it will be expensive just about anywhere you order it. For example, Lobster Tail (Australian) is $57 at Scoma's Restaurant!! And it's not on the menu at  McCormick & Kuleto's. And both of these places are what I consider to be "rip off" tourists places anyway.

Lobster is on the menu at Harris' Restaurant but is priced daily (I would expect it to be more than Scoma's.). However, Harris' has a lovely atmosphere and if this is a special occasion I think you would like it.

I guess my message is, if you really want it, be prepared to pay for it. And quite frankly, at that price, it's really not worth it.

1. Scoma's Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. McCormick & Kuleto's (restaurant)
  3. Harris' Restaurant (attraction)

Mobile