Paqui asked

Using public transport from San Francisco

Would please tell if is possible to use public transport from San Francisco to Saratoga?

Fritzi from San Francisco

Sounds like a great trip. While you are in Sunnyvale I think you would enjoy the Red Branch Cider & Brewing CompanyRed Branch Cider company (redbranchcider.com). It is a small local ciderey with delicious hard ciders. They have a tasting bar with a sampler. Blackberry and peach are my favorites. 

If your friends would like to visit the Santa Cruzwineries, Burrell School Vineyards is my favorite. There are quite a few wineries up there. 

Once you are in San Francisco you have muni, which will take you everywhere. You can visit Muir Woods National MonumentSausalitoGolden Gate BridgeChinatown San FranciscoNorth BeachGolden Gate Parkand all the highlights. I recommend you visit Lands End TrailSutro Bathsand walk the trail to the California Palace of the Legion of Honor. Beautiful views. 

The Ferry Building Marketplacehas an extensive Farmer’s market Tuesday, Thursday and Sat. From the Ferry Terminal; Tiburon & Vallejo Baylink you can take a municipal ferry to various locations around the bay. 

I am sure you will have a great time exploring SF and traveling down to LA.

Paqui
Big Thanks Fritzy. I will stay 6 days in San Francisco and do as much as I can possible do.Then I will be travelling to Yosemite National Park and stay for 3 days or more! Finally, go to Los Angeles for 23 days.

Hugh

Technically, yes you can but it would involve taking multiple forms of public transportation and take about 2 1/2 hours for what should be a drive of only 45 minutes. To simplify your trip, I would take the BART train as far south as you can (Daly city) get off and call Uber to drive the rest of the way. Or you can use the online service 

511.org San Francisco to help plan how best to get to Saratoga. It will give you all forms of transportation available and the time schedules for them. Hope this helps.

Paqui
Hugh, Thank you very much for your help. I have been doing more research about using public transport. Caltrain will take me to the station in San Jose and my friends will pick me up. I have decided to stay in Sunnyvale for a few days then go back to San Francisco. Do a few 1 days trips and tours for 6 days and finally a long tour for 10 days to end up in Los Angeles. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Hugh
Sounds like a great plan Paqui. There is so much to see and do. You certainly won’t be bored. Safe travels.

1. San Francisco (city)
  2. Saratoga (city)
Fritzi from San Francisco

You can take Caltrain to Santa Clara then you would have to transfer to a bus or take an Uber to the Saratoga location.

Paqui
Thank you Fritzi. I have decided to go to San Jose station and my friends will pick me up there. Then stay in Sunnyvale for a few days. Back to San Francisco for 6 to 7 days. Do 1 day tours and visit places and finally a 10 days tour to finish in Los Angeles. Where I will stay for another 20 days. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you again. Paqui

1. Santa Clara (city)
  2. Saratoga (city)
andrew from San Francisco

Possible slightly painful, use google mass transit directions, works wonders in the bay especially

likely: caltrain > bus