Jonathan

Special Dinner / Evening for a wedding anniversary in San Francisco

Hey guys, 

I'm looking into booking a table for lunch / dinner at the Post Ranch Inn (Big Sur) but i also want to find a special alternative in San Francisco. Can anyone help?

I'm looking for something as special as Post Ranch Inn

Kristen from San Francisco

Saison is my favorite spot for a special meal. It's not super fancy or stuffy but feels special and small and the attention you get is spectacular. (As such, it's pricey which is why I reserve it for very special occasions.)

1. Saison (restaurant)

If you're looking for something similar food quality- and view-wise, I really like Waterbar on the Embarcadero for seafood.  Love sitting in their patio area with the heat lamps.Next door, I enjoy their sister restaurant Epic Roasthouse, which is the turf version of Waterbar's surf.  Amazing views and good food.Another spot that I really like on the water is La Mar, the sister restaurant to the famous Peruvian one.  Think ceviche, grilled fish, and pisco sours.  Really, really good seafood and lovely restaurant.

For purely amazing food and ambiance alone, I enjoy SPQR, which is a creative little Italian spot that is Michelin-rated.

There's always Gary DankoAnd Michael MinaIt sounds like you know food, so I don't think either of them need any introduction!

Then there's Harris' Restaurant and House of Prime Rib, which are my two favorite steakhouses in the city if you are up for steak.Happy anniversary! :)

1. Waterbar (restaurant)
  2. Epic Roasthouse (attraction)
  3. La Mar (attraction)
  4. SPQR (restaurant)
  5. Gary Danko (restaurant)
  6. Michael Mina (restaurant)
  7. Harris' Restaurant (attraction)
  8. House of Prime Rib (restaurant)

John from Carlsbad (California)

My wife and I had lunch at the Post Ranch Inn about a year ago and it was very nice.  The setting is spectacular and the food was very good.  The lunch menus are much less expensive than dinner.  If you go for dinner, I would suggest you get there before sundown to enjoy the view.

As I have said several times before, for a special dinner in San Francisco, my favorite place is AcquerelloThe setting in a former chapel is beautiful and romantic, and the food and service are top-notch.  The wine list is large, but the sommeliers are friendly and very helpful.  

1. Acquerello (restaurant)