Melissa
Metro Manila

So much to see and do, so little time.

I'm going there only for three days, and I want to see as much of SanFo as I can during that short period of time. Great places to dine in and have a couple of drinks are also a must. I've heard there are tons of amazing restaurants there, but I want just the ones that I ABSOLUTELY have to check out for a complete SFO experience.

Andy from San Francisco

This is a topic I specialize in. There are way too many places in San Francisco to simply list or put on a map, which is why I wrote several blog posts detailing some of the tours I've designed and taken. 

This post is a tour of the food and nightlife of the Mission District and the The Castro

This post is a tour of the street murals scene and hipster desserts in South Mission. 

And this post is a tour that goes through San Francisco Chinatown, North Beach, and Embarcadero (Justin Herman Plaza). It includes some great food and some amazing views of the city. 

I also have other tours designed for Haight-Ashbury, the Presidio and the Golden Gate Bridge, and one coming up for Oakland. Those will be coming out in the next few weeks. 

1. Mission District (neighborhood)
  2. The Castro (attraction)
  3. San Francisco Chinatown (attraction)
  4. North Beach (neighborhood)
  5. Justin Herman Plaza (attraction)
  6. Haight-Ashbury (neighborhood)
  7. Presidio (neighborhood)
  8. Golden Gate Bridge (attraction)
  9. Oakland (city)

Gil from Corona

Drive North across the Golden Gate Bridge in daylight to Sausalito. Have dinner and return to San Francisco after dark.

1. Golden Gate Bridge (attraction)
  2. Sausalito (city)
  3. San Francisco (city)

Amanda from United States

Definitely check out Frances and/or Bar Jules for dinner, both are incredible

1. Frances (restaurant)
  2. Bar Jules (restaurant)

Mike from Leawood, Kansas

Elephant Sushi (russian hill), Don Pisto's (north beach) and Tony’s Pizza Napoletana (north beach).

1. Elephant Sushi (restaurant)
  2. Don Pisto's (restaurant)
  3. Tony’s Pizza Napoletana (restaurant)

Judy from Sydney

Take a bike ride over the Golden Gate Bridge with Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals to Sausalito. Don't worry about going on to Tiburon (it's not memorable, except to say it's hard to find your way there, and that it's not very pretty). Catch the ferry back from Sausalito to Fisherman's Wharf, by way of Alcatraz (you don't stop there, but you can see it from the ferry). On the way to the GGB, you also stop at the Palace of Fine Arts, which is quite impressive, and definitely underrated.

For a Breakfast option, Lori's Diner has a fun decor. To grab something quick, try CVS Pharmacy/Trader Joe's at the corner of California and Hyde (great quality salads, wraps, and sandwiches). Stacks is a yummy Breakfast option too.

1. Golden Gate Bridge (attraction)
  2. Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals (attraction)
  3. Sausalito (city)
  4. Fisherman's Wharf (attraction)
  5. Alcatraz (attraction)
  6. Palace of Fine Arts (attraction)
  7. Lori's Diner (restaurant)
  8. Stacks (restaurant)

Emi from San Francisco

Make sure you have breakfast at farm:table. The best part? No wait lines, but favorite brunch in the city. Don't miss Tony’s Pizza Napoletana in Little Italy, and be SURE to get ice cream at Twirl & Dip Soft Serve food truck in Golden Gate Park. You can see all other favorites here, but those are the musts!

http://www.welltraveledwife.com/2013/01/c-guide-to-san-francisco.html

1. farm:table (restaurant)
  2. Tony’s Pizza Napoletana (restaurant)
  3. Twirl & Dip Soft Serve (attraction)

This was a response I wrote for another post, but you may find it helpful:

I enjoy wandering-so make sure to spend some time just checking out the variety of offerings-both in food and in "antiques" in San Francisco Chinatown-if you start on the south side and make your way north, you will have some eye popping views of the bay.  Check out the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market-great for lunch or a quick easy dinner.  One of my favorite restaurant experiences was at Oriental Pearl Restaurant.