Georgia
Minneapolis

Shoe shopping in San Francisco

Coming to the big city for a San Francisco wedding!  I'm a bridesmaid and we already have dresses and accessories figured out, but shoe's are another thing and we feel like it's something that's best done in person.  

We'll all be together in SF a week before the wedding, so we figured we'd do it thing.  Any suggestions for some fab shoe stores in San Francisco?  Preferably something that will have a lot of sizes and styles and that wouldn't break the bank!

Girl, you gotta hit up Powell St!!!  There are so many stores on Powell near Market St., right up the Powell Street BART station.  It's shopping heaven there :)  Here are the stores that I'd suggest:

• DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse -- The Designer Shoe Warehouse!  It's like a shoe outlet.  Very clean, lots of brands ranging from Steve Madden and Michael Kors to super high end brands.  Very clean and neat with FOUR floors of shoes.  Keep in mind, though, that being kind of like an outlet, they may not have sizes for everyone.
  • Aldo -- There are several of these near Powell, just look it up on Google Maps.  Prices are about middle range, typically less than $100.  I would say a decent pair of heels averages around $50.  Super hot designs and they're pretty much guaranteed to have sizes for everyone because there are literally about three of these within a few blocks of each other.
  • Forever 21 -- There are two of these within a couple of blocks of each other and they have a decent shoe collection compared to the other F21s I've been to.  Shoes range from about $20-$30.  Thing is -- they might not have everyone's size, but the one at the Stockton location has more shoe selections than the Powell St. one.
  • Payless ShoeSource -- If anything, go to Payless, they're pretty much guaranteed to have sizes for everyone and will definitely be affordable.  I think they even have a bridal line.  This is across the street from F21.
  • Westfield San Francisco Centre -- Tons of stores, including a Steve Madden, Aldo, Nordstrom, etc.
  • Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Barneys New York -- For what it's worth, all of these high end stores are also there and you can check out what's on sale.

Even if you were just visiting SF and weren't looking into shopping, I would've still suggested DSW.  It's like a sea of shoes in there, so check that out first.  Good luck to you and your ladies! :)

1. Neiman Marcus (attraction)
  2. DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse (attraction)
  3. Forever 21 (attraction)
  4. Payless ShoeSource (attraction)
  5. Westfield San Francisco Centre (attraction)
  6. Saks Fifth Avenue (attraction)
  7. Aldo (attraction)
  8. Barneys New York (attraction)

Beverly from San Luis Obispo

Shaw Shoes on Union Street!  I know you said something that wouldn't break the bank, and the shoes there are a bit pricey, but I feel like they're a great investment because I'll wear them over and over again and they're such great quality.  By the way, that's coming from someone on a grad student budget.  

I was window shopping on Union Street and just wandered in there and ended up trying on shoes for about half an hour!  Fortunately, the sales lady didn't seem to mind.  Next trip to San Francisco, I'm definitely stopping back :)

1. Shaw Shoes (attraction)

Avery from Berkeley

Go to the  Westfield San Francisco Centre in Downtown!  So many stores in there that you're bound to find what you want.  There's Ninewest, Kenneth Cole, Kate Spade, Aldo, Steve Madden, Zara, H&M, and so many others.  Plus, there's a Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom in there, too.

1. Westfield San Francisco Centre (attraction)