Lindsay

San Francisco, California

Pet-friendly hotels in San Francisco?

Heading to San Francisco for work with my small dog and need a good hotel where I can leave her in the room while I'm out at meetings. Can you recommend the best dog-friendly options in San Francisco? Budget is flexible and would love any grassy areas near the hotel - is this possible in SF?

Evan from Virginia

Hi Lindsay - I believe all Kimpton brand hotels are pet friendly (with some even offering dog-sitting services), so I would recommend checking out their various hotels in San Francisco on their website or below:

I've never stayed at any with my dog, but my wife and I stayed at one in San Diego and one in Los Angeles and really enjoyed our stay. We would highly recommend Kimpton even if you weren't traveling with your pup! 

San Francisco is a very dog-friendly city, so even if you don't find a Kimpton hotel that suits you, I'm sure there are others that accommodate pets. 

Good luck and safe travels - 

1. Hotel Palomar San Francisco (hotel)
  2. Argonaut Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel (hotel)
  3. Hotel Tomo (hotel)
  4. Hotel Monaco San Francisco (hotel)
  5. Hotel Triton (hotel)
  6. Prescott Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel (hotel)
  7. Sir Francis Drake Hotel (hotel)
  8. Harbor Court Hotel (hotel)

Scott from Fort Collins

Hello Lindsay!  My wife and I have a little Shih Tzu, who has gone a few trips with us.  Domestically, there are two websites I use that help me find a place to stay.  Now, keep in mind that some of the hotels that are pet friendly will charge you a fee, while others will not.  The websites are hotels.petswelcome.com, and the second on is bringfido.com.  They seem to do a pretty solid job of giving you choices.  Hope that helps and safe travels!

Dominic from San Francisco, California

Hi Lindsay!  I am a big fan of the Metro Hotel. It's in an awesome neighborhood us locals still know as the Western Addition but anyone who's moved there in the last five years probabaly calls it Nopa.  It's full of great bars and restaurants and the The Independent is one of the best places in town to catch live music.  The hotel is pet friendly but the true x-factor is that it's really close to some great parks, especially the dog run at Duboce Park.  Hope this helps - take care!

1. Metro Hotel (hotel)
  2. Nopa (restaurant)
  3. The Independent (attraction)
  4. Duboce Park (attraction)