Bianca
Miami

Painted Ladies

Anyone know the best way to see the Painted Ladies?

Oh, I love me some painted ladies!  Without a doubt, the most famous Painted Ladies in San Francisco are the ones near Alamo Square, at Steiner and Grove, specifically, because the opening scene of the TV show Full House shows those houses, so they're also known as 'Full House Houses'. 

How you get there depends on where you're coming from.  There are plenty of bus routes that go by, and the closest BART station is the Civic Center one, though it's still about a 25 minute walk (it's a nice walk!) or a short cab ride away.  The awesome part about seeing the Painted Ladies here is that you can hang out at the park and picnic, relax, people watch, etc.

You can also see a lot of Painted Ladies in the Lower Haight neighborhood, and there are plenty of things to do on Haight St, too, to make the trip out there worth it.

1. Painted Ladies (attraction)
  2. Alamo Square (attraction)

Avery from Berkeley

Pack a lunch and make your way out to Alamo Square -- that's where the best Painted Ladies are!  You can take the bus out there as I always see buses driving around there and you can probably see your bus line options through Google Maps or the like.  I love taking my kids out there on sunny days because it's such a beautiful and chill park, and you get to see those gorgeous houses.

1. Alamo Square (attraction)