Rob

Memorable dining experiences with a view in SF for Father's Day?

I'll be in San Francisco in about a week and I wanted to take my Dad out for a nice Father's Day dinner. What would you guys recommend for memorable dining experiences, preferably with a nice view of the water and city skyline? He's vegetarian but everyone else eats meat and I'm looking to keep it at under $30 a plate. TIA!

Fritzi from San Francisco

I would recommend a "progressive" dinner where you stop at several places.  One of my favorites is Epic Roasthouse.  The bar has amazing bridge views.  After that you could walk along Embarcadero to La Mar, which has affordable seafood Peruvian style and bay views (if your group does not feel like walking, call Uber).  Finish up with dessert in North Beach, which is a short walk (or Uber) to Columbus Ave.  I recommend XOX Truffles for great French style chocolate or Caffe Greco for amazing tiramisu.  North Beach is a lively area with many coffee houses and lots of people on the street.  It's bound to be fun there on Sunday. Good luck.

1. Epic Roasthouse (attraction)
  2. Embarcadero (attraction)
  3. La Mar (attraction)
  4. North Beach (neighborhood)
  5. Columbus Ave (attraction)
  6. XOX Truffles (attraction)
  7. Caffe Greco (restaurant)

Jackie from San Francisco

Hi Rob,

That will be difficult for your pricepoint. You may want to go to one of these places for a drink and appetizer, but you'll find it tough to keep a meal under $30/plate for dinner. Cliff House is the tourist go-to. I recommend Chaya - lovely view of the Bay Bridge. You can also find several great spots in Sausalito. I really like the Barrel House Tavern.

1. Cliff House (attraction)
  2. Chaya (restaurant)
  3. Barrel House Tavern (restaurant)

Krista from San Francisco

Hi Rob,

I recommend somewhere along the Embarcadero. MarketBar or Perry's are both within budget. :)

Alternatively, Cliff House provides beautiful views of the ocean if you're willing to forego the bridge and journey to the western side of the city.

Enjoy! :)

1. MarketBar (restaurant)
  2. Perry's (restaurant)
  3. Cliff House (attraction)

Steve from London

Or just head down to Pier 39 on Fisherman's Wharf and go to fog harbour. Great view of the bay and Alcatraz and you can walk down the pier afterwards.

1. Pier 39 (attraction)
  2. Fisherman's Wharf (attraction)
  3. Alcatraz (attraction)