Indoorsy weekend getaway ideas in the San Francisco Bay Area?

This is kind of an odd request, especially given how gorgeous the outdoors are in this region, but... anyone know of any fun and creative indoorsy weekend getaways?

It's been pretty cold around here, so some activities that I've ruled out are lounging on the beach, hiking, being at outdoor spas, and anything else that involves being outdoors for a long period of time.  I do know that I would like to get away to somewhere nice, though, that's maybe a 2-3 hour drive away from San Francisco in any direction.

I'm used to planning outdoorsy things to do, but I'm kind of at a loss for ideas for indoorsy things to do, so I'm hoping to get some ideas here.  Maybe a cool little town with a cute downtown area?  And a place to stay wherever those ideas are would be awesome, too!

Michael from San Francisco

About 2-3 hours north of SF, is a little town called The Sea Ranch just before the town of Gualala.  They have beautiful vacation homes for rent.  A lot of these homes are owned by silicon valley execs, so they could have a ton of creature comforts.  My friends and I used to take a weekend or 3 days trip up, sit inside the home, bbq in the yard, and sit in the hot tub and watch the sun set over the pacific.  One of my favorite places to "get away" from it all, without going too far.

1. The Sea Ranch (city)
  2. Gualala (city)

Noel from The Big Island

The museums and places like the Exploratorium and even the Embarcadero ferry plaza for foodies are always fun to do indoors. I have a list of fun cool things indoor and outdoors of in San Francisco, here's the post http://travelphotodiscovery.com/20-quirky-fun-and-trendy-places-to-explore-in-san-francisco/

1. Exploratorium (attraction)