Andy

Andy from San Francisco asked

Ideas for a Trippy meetup in San Francisco?

Hey fellow Bay Area Trippy members. I'm a new San Francisco Ambassador for Trippy and I was wondering -- how many of you would be interested in meeting up in person? 

Personally I've been inspired by the quality of your answers, and I want to try out some of the restaurants, bars, and activities you guys have suggested. Then I thought, why don't we do it together?!

We can even make this a regular meetup event so that travelers to SF can come and join us and get recommendations and advice in person!

Where should we do these meetups? Let me know what you guys think, and if you have any ideas for where to meet up. Then I can start to put together a plan. 

San Francisco (California)   South San Francisco (California)   Oakland (California)   Berkeley (California)   San Jose (Costa Rica)

*raises hand* Of course I would be!  Would love to meet Trippy members from near and far in person.

A few places that come to mind...

Looking forward to it, Andy! Thanks for posting :)

Courtney
This sounds like so much fun! I may need to take a road trip!

Andy
You're welcome! I personally love Southern Pacific. However, I wouldn't trying Kennedy's or Palomino. I used to live in the Mission so a Mission barhop would be right up my (old) alley.

Yes, please, Courtney! And Andy, I'm down to try new places, too. I dig Southern Pacific because there's something for everyone there and people can eat if they want to eat, and/or drink if they want to drink. The beauty of having events in such spots :)

Cherie
Sounds like fun! Love Southern Pacific!

Hope you can make it, Cherie, and would love to see your suggestions, too!

Andy from San Francisco

Based on the responses to the Doodle, Monday Feb 2nd works for everyone. I've gone ahead and scheduled a happy hour through the SF Trippy Meetup group. Here's the link:

http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Trippy-Members/events/219990708/

The happy hour will be at El Techo de Lolinda at 6:30pm. Let's get some drinks and enjoy the beautiful view!

Please join the Meetup group and RSVP to the happy hour. Looking forward to meeting everyone! 

Jay
I'm busy that day but would love to join the next one!

1. El Techo de Lolinda (restaurant)
Andy from San Francisco

Hey guys,

It's great to see the interest in a in person meetup. Next step is to figure out the dates. I created a doodle to help us figure out a date that works for the most people. Please open the link and choose the dates that work for you.

http://doodle.com/pct9wu4b6sf2zkm8

Once the responses are in I'll announce the date. In the meanwhile, keep your suggestions coming!

Andy

Thanks, Andy! Filled it out!

Michael from San Leandro

I would love to be able to meet up and swap travel tips and ideas. I vote for Vesuvio Cafe and bar hopping in north beach.

Oh, good idea! I dig Vesuvio and can think of a few more spots around there.... :)

Andy
Yea I like that spot too. Good suggestion!

1. Vesuvio Cafe (restaurant)
Jenifer from Berlin

I only have 7 more weeks left as a San Francisco resident, but I'd definitely be down! Some great places for drinks + large groups would be: 

- Zeitgeist in the Mission (cash only) 
- El Rio also in the Mission
- Jones Hotel in the Tenderloin (cash only)
- Mars Bar & Restaurant in SOMA

And the one thing these all have in common: outdoor space! 

Looking forward to it!

Jillian
I love drinking beers in the outdoor space at Zeitgeist! Great recs. Also, I helped you geo-tag the places that you mentioned in your answer so that they appear on a map next to it. You can also do this yourself in future answers by simply typing the @-symbol and then the name of the place as you're typing your answer. Check it out!

Jenifer
Ah thank you!! I was wondering how to do that!

1. Zeitgeist (restaurant)
  2. El Rio (attraction)
  3. Jones Hotel (hotel)
  4. Mars Bar & Restaurant (restaurant)
Peter from Munich

I am in as well. That would be great to meet all the people here in person. Even that I am not living in San Francisco anymore, I still will try to make it. Maybe work and pleasure overlaps and I will be at the time of the meeting anyway in San Francisco.