Daniel
Stockholm

How to spend Christmas Day in San Francisco?

Most place will be closed and we're looking for something fun to do and also somewhere to have a typical Christmas dinner in SF on Christmas Day.

Krista from San Francisco

Hi Daniel,

Good question! Movie theaters are typically open, and the Sundance Kabuki Cinemas is a quintessential San Francisco experience. You can enjoy wine and some pretty delicious foods while screening one of the lastest films.

Additionally, weather in San Francisco during Christmas is usually pretty nice. I'd take advantage of the lack of crowds in some of the most popular places and enjoy the great outdoors. You could even make a day of it with a hike and or/picnic. Here are some suggestions for you:

If you plan to go the picnic route, you might consider picking up some of San Francisco's tastiest treats the day before. I highly suggest Bi-Rite Market or the Ferry Building Marketplace for good snacks. I listed a few more of my SF faves are here.

Have a great Holiday!

1. Sundance Kabuki Cinemas (attraction)
  2. Ocean Beach (attraction)
  3. Lands End (attraction)
  4. Golden Gate Park (attraction)
  5. Twin Peaks (attraction)
  6. Grand View Park (attraction)
  7. Dolores Park (attraction)
  8. Marin Headlands (attraction)
  9. Bi-Rite Market (attraction)
  10. Ferry Building Marketplace (attraction)