Georgia
Minneapolis

Hotels in Downtown San Francisco

I'm coming to San Francisco for one of my best friend's weddings.  She lives in Pacific Heights and I originally wanted to find a hotel close to her, but I've been thinking about living it up and just staying downtown since I haven't ever been to San Francisco before.  Can any share any hotel recommendations?

Veronica from San Francisco

Fun!  Here are some of my favorites:

• The Fairmont Hotel is old school awesome.
  • W Hotel San Francisco is modern. They also have the amazing Bliss Spa on the 4th Floor.
  • If you don't mind a ferry ride over to San Francisco, Cavallo Point in Sausalito is an AMAZING hotel, and the restaurant is great as well. You can even do yoga in the mornings if you're into that kind of thing.

1. The Fairmont Hotel (hotel)
  2. Cavallo Point (hotel)
  3. W Hotel San Francisco (hotel)

Mindi from Philadelphia

We just stayed at the Hotel Triton Kimpton Hotel, which is a Kimpton hotel. The hotel had a funky vibe and perks like a happy hour and free coffe. The location is great - right next to San Francisco Chinatown and a five minute walk to Union Square.

1. Hotel Triton Kimpton Hotel (hotel)
  2. San Francisco Chinatown (attraction)
  3. Union Square (attraction)