Georgia
Minneapolis

Hotels around Pacific Heights

Coming to San Francisco for one of my best friend's wedding and us bridesmaids will be able to stay there for her wedding, but not during the actual wedding weekend, so we're going to need to find a hotel.  

She lives in Pacific Heights and we'd like to stay close to her.  Any suggestions?  No seedy motels, but preferably decent places that are budget-friendly since we've already spent so much on the wedding! ;)

Oh, fun!  Just a FYI, Pacific Heights isn't exactly tourist-ville, so you're not going to have as many options as downtown.  There actually are quite a few motor inns there that aren't seedy, but I'll point you towards the hotels proper. 

I think your best bet at finding a decent hotel is to stay in Lower Pac Heights/Japantown.  Bonus points that you get to walk around and explore Japantown.  Here are three of the best there:

If you don't mind a short walk or a cab ride, I'd also suggest staying in Nob Hill, which have a larger selection of nicer hotels since it's closer to downtown, though they do cost a little more than in Pac Heights because of that.  Let me know if you look into Nob Hill because I've got a few suggestions there, too!

1. Queen Anne Hotel (hotel)
  2. Hotel Kabuki - a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel (hotel)
  3. Hotel Majestic (hotel)