Brew
Manhattan Beach

Brew from Manhattan Beach asked

Good lunch spot in San Francisco

Need a good lunch spot for a part-business, part-friendly social lunch in San Fran.  Staying near the Ferry Building, but anywhere in San Fran would work.

Shannon from San Francisco

Slanted Door or Waterbar are right on the Embarcadero and are great places for business/friendly lunch. 

Brew
Thanks Shannon.

1. Slanted Door (restaurant)
  2. Waterbar (restaurant)
Dennis

House of Nanking is awesome...or Mission Chinese Food, sensing a theme here. DOH!

100% would recommend House of Nanking, the place is an awesome spot tucked away, perfect little greasy spoon with some high-quality chinese food. I'd recommend telling the waiter/waitress to just give you all the specials and surprise you.

You'll need a place to nap afterwards, that i don't have a recommendation for..new business opportunity?

Brew
Mission Chinese is incredible. Pastrami Kung Pao? What???

1. House of Nanking (restaurant)
  2. Mission Chinese Food (restaurant)
JR from Manhattan Beach

I've enjoyed Kokkari Estiatorio for lunch. I've only sat at the bar, but dining room looks nice too. It's Greek so you eat well, but still able to keep it light and on your toes. It's in the area you're staying and definitely nice enough for clients. Curious to hear what other answers you get. 

Brew
Had lunch here... this is a great spot. Thanks for the tip.

1. Kokkari Estiatorio (restaurant)
David

Miller's East Coast Delicatessen! Best pastrami in the Bay Area! Go to Polk Street (and Washington) on the very edge of Nob Hill! 

Brew
Thanks.

elleroi from California

Try any of the restaurants on Belden Place (French Quarter). Awesome alley of cute restaurants. 

Stephanie from San Francisco

1. Chaya (restaurant)
  2. Epic Roasthouse (attraction)

Hey Brew, since you're staying by the Ferry Building and there are a ton of amazing restaurants for a friendly business lunch there, I'll just recommend places close to there! 

My favorite place on the Embarcadero has got to be Waterbar.  It's a fancy restaurant, but that's not my favorite part about it -- my favorite part about it is that I get to eat good food while having the most amazing view of the water and bridge, and they have an awesome patio with heat lamps, too.  Despite it being fancy pants, they have a dollar oyster happy hour every single day from 11:30 AM to 5:00 PM.  On weekday evenings, in addition to that, they also have happy hour drink specials.  If you want more than just oysters, wine, beer, and cocktails, they also have a full menu as well.

They also own the Epic Roasthouse right next to it, so while Waterbar is more surf, this place is more turf, and has an equally awesome view and setup.  I've been there for brunch, which was amazing, so I'm sure their lunch is the same.  They also have seafood, but they're more known for their prime rib.  They also have good beignets.

A little down and across the street from them, you've got Chaya, where you can get Japanese fusion and it's on the lighter side.  I really enjoy the rainbow sashimi salad "roll" for lunch ones.  It was a slim line of baby spring greens with different cuts of sashimi draped over it.  For something sweet, their chocolate croissant bread pudding is to die for.

Also in that area -- Palomino Restaurant.  They have a great lunch menu, plus an all day happy hour on both foods and drink.  Their patio is AWESOME at lunch.  Lunch time is the only time the sun ever shines on that patio.  One word of advice if you do go here -- as tempting as their happy hour cocktails sound, don't order them; they're all premixed and super sugary.

Perry's around the corner is also really good.  LOVE their mac 'n cheese.  Which, even if you don't get a chance to try at the restaurant, you should find them at SFO at Terminal 1.  They have all sorts of American soul food -- burgers, ahi tuna burger, sweet potato fries, chicken pot pie, etc.  It's still a nice restaurant, but it's more laid back than the others I've listed.

Have a good time!

Brew
Wow. Great recs. Thanks.

You're welcome!

Brew
Waterbar was very cool. Thanks.

Awesome! Glad you were able to check it out!

1. Ferry Building (attraction)
  2. Waterbar (restaurant)
  3. Epic Roasthouse (attraction)
  4. Chaya (restaurant)
  5. Palomino Restaurant (restaurant)
  6. Perry's (restaurant)
Lawrence from Washington

You might try Wise Sons Jewish Delicatessen Jewish deli at the Contemporary Jewish Museum.  Great food in a good environment for a casual business meeting.