Kendal asked

Dog friendly hotels/motels

We are going to be moving from Austin TX to San Francisco. Due to the age of a few of my dogs, I don't think it is safe to fly them. So I've rented a Suburban and we're going road tripping:) Can anyone suggest dog friendly hotels along the way? I currently have a stopping in El Paso the first night, Palm Springs the second. Thanks.

Austin (Texas) San Francisco (California)

Brooke from Nashville
Try Sonic Drive-In when you're in El Paso, and if you have the budget, maybe splurge for a stay at Aloft El Paso Downtown.
There are lots of restaurants and coffee shops with outdoor seating in Palm Springs. Check out Peabody's Cafe and Bar and do the Moorten Botanical Garden. Always call hotels to check the pet fee, maybe try A Place In The Sun Garden Hotel.

Chris from New York City
Red Roof Inn is always very pet friendly and they even have a pet loyalty program.  On the high end I know Kimpton is also a pet friendly brand.  BringFido.com can help you find good options.