Bianca
Miami

Best hotel bars in San Francisco

I'll be traveling to San Francisco with a group of girlfriends for a girls' weekend trip and I'd like to find some hotel bars for us to hit up (there's just something fabulous about dressing up and getting frou frou drinks with the girls!).  We'll be staying at the Four Seasons in Downtown San Francisco, so we'd like to maybe do a crawl of hotel bars in the area.  What are some good spots to check out, preferably with a view?

Since you're staying at Four Seasons San Francisco, the hotel itself has a nice restaurant/lounge aptly called easons that that has a swanky bar area with a decent view of Downtown. 

Literally around the corner or just a couple blocks away are a bunch of other good ones, including St. Regis Hotel Lobby Bar and San Francisco Marriott Marquis's The View Lounge (as the name suggests, they have a nice view). 

Two hotel restaurant and bars in the area that I think are so good that I don't even think of them as 'hotel bars' are Fifth Floor in the Hotel Palomar San Franciscoand Trace at the W. 

If you don't mind traveling up the hill to Nob Hill, the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins' Top of the Mark is famous for their view.

Best time to go to the places with a view is around dusk, so you can catch some light, the sunset, then the city lights!

1. Four Seasons San Francisco (hotel)
  2. San Francisco Marriott (hotel)
  3. Hotel Palomar San Francisco (hotel)
  4. Top of the Mark (restaurant)

Georgia from San Francisco

Clift Hotel Bar - Located near Union Square. A really trendy hotel bar for tourists and residents alike. This bar serves up amazing cocktails.. in fact I don't believe the bartenders even give you a menu. They craft cocktails based on whatever you tell them you are interested and it is DELICIOUS. When you go be sure to ask about the relationship between the artwork on the walls.

1. Union Square (attraction)
  2. Clift Hotel Bar (attraction)

Chase from Seattle

No view, but the  Redwood Room is an upbeat bar/restaurant in Clift Hotel.  Yummy eats. Touch on the cheesy crowd, but drinks and food are great.

1. Redwood Room (restaurant)
  2. Clift Hotel (hotel)

Alana from Spokane

I've stayed at the Four Seasons San Francisco once for a romantic weekend away and I second that bar.  The food and drinks were pricy compared to outside the hotel, but that's to be expected at a nice hotel bar.  Get some dessert while you're at it!  Last time I was there, we split foie gras ice cream (though I think that's banned in California now?) and creme brulee with our cocktails.

I hope you have fun with your girlfriends!

1. Four Seasons San Francisco (hotel)