Robert
Albuquerque

Best fried chicken in San Francisco?

I have a thing when I travel where I have to hunt down the best fried chicken in town.  Where can I accomplish this in San Francisco?

You're in luck!  SF being the food loving city that it is has several AMAZING fried chicken places.  Here are five restaurants that are notorious for their fried chicken: 

• Front Porch in Noe Valley Southern style
  • Wayfare Tavern in the Financial District also for Southern style, 
  • San Tung Chinese Restaurant in the Inner Sunset for Chinese style dry fried chicken wings
  • Capital Restaurant in Chinatown for salt and pepper fried chicken wings 
  • SO in SOMA for Asian fusion fried chicken.
  • As an added bonus, I'll throw in Cocobang in Nob Hill for tasty Korean fried chicken that's available till 4 AM on weekends, and till 2 AM on all other days.

1. Front Porch (restaurant)
  2. Wayfare Tavern (restaurant)
  3. San Tung Chinese Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Capital Restaurant (restaurant)
  5. SO (restaurant)
  6. Cocobang (restaurant)

Andreas from Manhattan

The last time I was in SF, I went to Brenda's French Soul Food and had some pretty amazing fried chicken for lunch.  It came with a side of fries, cole slaw, and one of the best biscuits I've ever had.  If you like grits, be sure to order a side of that with it.

1. Brenda's French Soul Food (restaurant)

Georgia from San Francisco

Foreign Cinema - Can sometimes be tough to get a reservation but if you go earlier you can get seated in the outdoor patio that usually screens old films. I went and had the sesame crusted fried chicken and it was wonderful! Located in the hip mission district.

Town Hall- Downtown in the financial district this cool brick building serves up great fried chicken but make sure you call in advance because they do not serve it every day.

Farmer Brown - Not a sit down, just a quick delicious place to grab a wonderful boxed lunch/dinner. Amazing fried chicken.

1. Foreign Cinema (restaurant)
  2. Farmer Brown (restaurant)
  3. Town Hall (attraction)