Sunil
Mountain View

Sunil from Mountain View asked

Best coffee in San Francisco?

I'm just now starting to get into coffee and I hear the names of a lot of San Francisco ones being thrown around. Which are considered the creme de la creme?

Veronica from San Francisco

Four Barrel Coffee is my favorite coffee shop.  Ritual Coffee Roasters also has excellent coffee.

Sightglass Coffee is another one of my favorite coffee places in the city, and not as touristy as Blue Bottle Coffee (sorry Blue Bottle fans!)

Sunil
I've been to Ritual before. That space is awesome. I'll have to check out the others. Thanks, Veronica!

1. Four Barrel Coffee (restaurant)
  2. Ritual Coffee Roasters (restaurant)
  3. Sightglass Coffee (attraction)
  4. Blue Bottle Coffee (restaurant)
Melissa from St. John's, Newfoundland

I would have to say that Blue Bottle Coffee can't be beat. Plus the Ferry Building  is full of other cool shops and a great burger place, Gott's Roadside. Try the onion rings.

I was just at Blue Bottle this weekend and I love Gott's, too! Great suggestions :)

Sunil
Gott's is awesome! I've seen that Blue Bottle before and I've felted tempted to try it, but never have because of the long line. I'll make it a point to go there next time I'm at the Ferry Building though since it's so talked about. Thanks, Melissa!

1. Blue Bottle Coffee (restaurant)
  2. Ferry Building (attraction)
  3. Gott's Roadside (restaurant)
Yili from Santa Monica

Philz Coffee is my favorite. You can go there and tell them what flavors you like and the barista will recommend something for you. I like the Jacob blend.

Good suggestion! I love their mint mojito latte :)

Sunil
Thanks, ladies! That's very cool that you can do that with a barista there. I'm used to telling bartenders that, but have never with a barista!

1. Philz Coffee (restaurant)
JR from Manhattan Beach

Blue Bottle Coffee is super hipster SF coffee with a few locations in SF. I recommend the Ferry Building location. Prepare to wait in line as it's ALWAYS a long. The coffee is great, so if you're jonesing a solid coffee, it's worth it.

Lester
Blue Bottle is very good but Philz is by far my favorite. They brew each cup of coffee separately but its worth the wait. There is something Special about the creme and sugar they use.

1. Blue Bottle Coffee (restaurant)
  2. Ferry Building (attraction)