Kellee asked

I would like to sight see on the way

We are driving in a motor home. 4 adults. I would like to know some cool sights to stop and check on along the way. Maybe some state parks, or national parks?

San Diego Pensacola

Claudia from New York City
Hi Kellee,
Here's what I would do:
1. Drive about 3 hours from San Diego to Yuma , AZ. Stay at the Villa Alameda RV Resort. Visit Kofa National Wildlife Refuge, which is about 40 miles north of Yuma.
2. Next stop Tucson , about a 3.5-hour drive from Yuma. Stay in the city at Sentinel Peak RV Park or in the outskirts at the RV Park at the Pima County Fair.
3. After Tucson, head over to Las Cruces , NM. Check out Hacienda RV Resort. Visit Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park, and or Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument.
4. Drive to Fort Stockton , TX. Overnight at Camp Stockton RV Park.
5. After Fort Stockton, TX, drive about 5 hours to San Antonio . Check out Mission City RV Park.
6. Drive around 5 hours to Lake Charles , LA. Visit Lake Charles State Park. Take a look at the list of RV parks provided by Lake Charles Tourism Board.
7. Pensacola is about a 5.5-hour drive from Lake Charles.

1. San Diego (city)
  2. Yuma (city)
  3. Tucson (city)
  4. Las Cruces (city)
  5. Fort Stockton (city)
  6. San Antonio (city)
  7. Lake Charles (city)
  8. Pensacola (city)
Sidney from Portland
I'm thinking that you have an extended time frame.  If so, first for the "southern" route - W of New Orleans Lafayette (the 1st exit approaching LFT from the W is the exit for Best Stop (a remarkable small grocery story/butcher shop) enjoy some boudin and any other specialties that strike your fancy.  Just E of LFT Breaux Bridge is a good stop for a meal (crayfish) plus a swamp tour.  New Orleans (where I was born and lived most of my life) is a separate topic.  one thought - on the W side of NOLA - a great restaurant - Mosca's - cash only - no credit cards.  If you want an unusual National Park - Jean Lafitte Natl Park on the W side of NOLA is lovely - but might be too hot this time of year.   While near NOLA and PNS from now well into October - watch the hurricane forecast and be prepared to RUN!  Turning to PNS - since you have an onboard kitchen - be sure to get to Joe Patti's to buy seafood.  Now, have you considered a "northern" return that might include Taos & Santa Fe plus the Grand Canyon?  Enjoy !!!