Rachel
Indiana

San Diego

Suggestions for honeymoon in San Diego

Hello all! I am trying to plan for a honeymoon in San Diego and am not familiar with the area....are there any suggestions on resorts or things to do while I am there?

Kate from Oakland, California

If you check out Point Loma go to the Cabrillo National Monument. On one side is the ocean, on the other is a panoramic view of downtown and Coronado Island. I've had a very romantic picnic Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery. Also, Hotel Del Coronado is very nice, my Mom had her honeymoon here, these are some of the nicest beaches in San Diego. If you want to go out at night, check out Fifth Ave. There is the Altitude Sky Lounge which has amazing views and is also a great place to watch baseball since it overlooks Petco Park. If you want a nice meal (and great beer) Karl Strauss Brewery Gardens is very nice. It is surrounded by a Koi pond and is one of my favorite places in San Diego. It does a great brunch on Sundays.

1. Point Loma (attraction)
  2. Cabrillo National Monument (attraction)
  3. Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery (attraction)
  4. Hotel Del Coronado (hotel)
  5. Fifth Ave (attraction)
  6. Altitude Sky Lounge (attraction)
  7. Karl Strauss Brewery Gardens (restaurant)

Kimberly from Montebello, California

The Gaslamp Quarter district is fun to check out there's a lot of shopping, cafés,bars,restaurants. Plenty to do and great to walk around. I definitely recommend going to Café 21 for brunch, seriously amazing! Flavored mimosas with pureed fruit and awesome food options. There will most likely be a little wait time so don't be starved and totally worth the wait.

1. Gaslamp Quarter (neighborhood)
  2. Café 21 (restaurant)

Cindy from San Juan Capistrano

Check out Hotel Del Coronado,

Or Downtown Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego orOmni Hotel

1. Hotel Del Coronado (hotel)
  2. Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego (hotel)
  3. Omni Hotel (hotel)

Michael from San Diego

Rachel, there are SO many things that you can do in San Diego and SO many nice resorts, but any answer depends upon when you'll be here and what you like to do.  I strongly advise that you check out TripAdvisor to get started. If you have more specific questions,  I'm sure the Trippy community can help out.