Ty Berger

Ty from Milwaukee asked

San Diego: Is there a bus from San Diego to Mexico?

This might be a weird question, but is there such a thing as a bus that goes from San Diego to Mexico? I'm helping a friend move to San Diego over the summer and wanna see Mexico while I'm at it!  I don't want to drive because I've heard bad things about that. Sorry if this is a stupid question--I just don't know how to get there!!

San Diego Mexico

• Caleb Weeks

Top Answer by Caleb W. from Nashville

Ty – check out the Trolley that runs from San Diego to San Ysidro (blue line). I think it's less than $3. You can walk across the border from there.

Here's the site: http://www.sdmts.com/trolley/trolley.asp

If you're in Downtown San Diego, the Santa Fe Depot is the old (historic?) train station from which you can start.

Enjoy the trip!

• CJ Yu

CJ Y. from Los Angeles answered

You can park on the US side of the border in San Yisdro and walk across the border to Tijuana for some tacos and stuff, and then walk back. If you don't have access to a car, you can take their light-rail metro system from downtown San Diego all the way down to San Ysidro and walk across too.

There's not much to see there though, and some people still consider it a little dangerous (especially at night). You can also hail a taxi directly across the border and take it down to Rosarito or Ensenada for an afternoon day trip. Both are a bit less hectic than Tijuana, and a taxi ride shouldn't cost more than like $30 each way or so.