Drive      Fly      Stay      Login    Signup

San Diego, Tijuana

International student re-entry the USA?

Hi, I am an international student in UCSD with F1 visa. I plan to have a one-day trip to Tijuana in weekday. Will I have any trouble when I re-entry the USA for that I don't study at campus but have a trip?

Thank you.

1 Answer

answered first by
Joelle from Watertown, New York

There are many things you must consider for re-entry into the USA after travel under an F1 visa. 

  • A Form I-20, endorsed for travel and signed by your DSO
  • You have been out of the United States for less than five months
  • A current passport valid for at least six months after the date of your reentry or, if you are from one of the countries listed below, a passport that is current through the date of entry
  • A valid, current visa or you travelled to contiguous country or adjacent island for less than thirty days
  • Financial information showing proof of necessary funds to cover tuition and living expenses

I highly recommend consulting a Designated School Official at your international students office on UCSD campus. 

comments (1)

Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Drive   ·   Fly   ·   Airports   ·   Stay   ·   Search

Login   ·   FAQ   ·   About   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms