Angie
San Antonio

Angie from San Antonio asked

Dog-friendly hotels in San Diego?

I'm visiting San Diego in a few months and I was wondering if anyone knew of any dog-friendly hotels there. I'd really like a hotel that has a nice grassy area, and any other pet-friendly amenities would be a bonus. Looking forward to your suggestions!

San Diego

Katherine from San Diego

Loews Coronado Bay Resort is a very dog friendly resort with ample space to walk the dogs.  Dogs are allowed in the non-carpeted areas of the bar and on the outside patio of the downstairs restaurant.  They can also be left in the room unattended as long as they are quiet, which is a huge plus since many "dog-friendly" hotels don't allow that.  They even have a pet room service menu.  At the end of Coronado Island is what I think is the best dog beach in San Diego.  I recently wrote an article about our stay at the hotel.  A Romantic Weekend in Coronado

Rosie from Houston

The Hotel Palomar is a great hotel that I know is near a couple of great dog parks. They have no deposit, either and they can set up a walking service for you if you need one. There’s a dog park nearby as well. 

1. Hotel Palomar (hotel)
Ron from Denver