Valerie

Valerie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in San Antonio for a first time visitor?

I've never been to San Antonio and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what San Antonio is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

San Antonio

sandy from San Antonio

If you have never been to SA I would stay down at the The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio or Hilton Palacio del Rio or San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk.  The Riverwalk is beautiful, lots to see as the Alamo Plaza and El Mercado Snack Bar Mexico Shopping plaza is also nearby. Must eat at a San Antonio institution Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia right next to the Mercado. It is not far (20 min) to excellent shopping at La Cantera & Loop 1604 w Access R which is also next door to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.  I have lived here all my life so let me know if you have more questions!

Sam from San Antonio

I would stay in the downtown area near the River Walk Street.

1. River Walk Street (attraction)
Becky from San Antonio

The Historical District downtown.. You call get a walking tour.