Miriam
Seattle

Samoa

Beautiful beaches and other local Samoan attractions

I'm visiting Samoa for the very first time.  I'm tagging along with friends and we're really not sure what we're going to be doing on the island.  All we know is that we want to visit beaches and eat island food, so any suggestions for those plus any other cultural Samoan attractions would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

James from Samoa

You have choosed a wonderful place to visit like Samoa. I think first you should visit Upolu city in Samoa and then you must see Robert Louis Stevenson MuseumPiula Cave Pools,Alofaaga BlowholesMt MatavanuMt Vaea SummitPulemelei MoundJoelan Beach Fales, and in the last for staying Purpose you should choose the best hotel services in Samoa Which is Virgin Cove Resort in Virgin Cove.

http://www.virgin-cove.ws/

1. Samoa (country)
  2. Upolu (city)
  3. Piula Cave Pools (attraction)
  4. Alofaaga Blowholes (attraction)
  5. Mt Matavanu (attraction)
  6. Mt Vaea Summit (attraction)
  7. Pulemelei Mound (attraction)
  8. Joelan Beach Fales (hotel)
  9. Virgin Cove Resort (hotel)
  10. Virgin Cove (city)
  11. Robert Louis Stevenson Museum (attraction)

Andrew from Minneapolis

For a great beach, you have to go to Lalomanu Beach. It's so beautiful, I could stay there forever.  For another great water environment, check out Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows. The hotel has a beautiful pool, luxurious gardens and a pedigree that most hotels would kill for.

For local food, check out the Apia Yacht Club.  Their platters of true raw-fish salads and the perfectly grilled fin fish that was cooked on a simple wood grill had me returning night after night during my visit.

Another cool food spot is the Maketi Fou market place. The sheer abundance of tropical fruits and exotic delicacies just blew my mind. Vee (Samoan apples), ka-ka Pua (pork pies), mutton and se'e (sea slugs, aka sea cucumber), and so much more.

To get your dose of culture in, the Robert Louis Stevenson Museum is a good place to stop by. The poet lived with his wife in this five-bedroom house turned museum. The history behind the home and Stevenson are fascinating.

1. Lalomanu Beach (attraction)
  2. Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows (hotel)
  3. Maketi Fou (attraction)
  4. Apia Yacht Club (attraction)
  5. Robert Louis Stevenson Museum (attraction)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

You have to check out Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows.  Andrew has described it well.  It's an under-known classic. I've had some very interesting conversations at the bar here with some of Aggie's clan.

1. Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows (hotel)

Dan

To Sua Ocean Trench (Tosua Ocean Trench) !!!  someday i'll visit there myself.. i hope.. i wish..

1. To Sua Ocean Trench (attraction)