Carolina
Lisbon, Portugal

Carolina from Lisbon, Portugal asked

4 Days in Salvador - Where to eat and what to do?

I will be spending 4 days in Salvador, Bahia for new year's eve. Really looking forward to it and I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some tips on places to eat (that are not touristic places), and the main points to visit in the city! I love to cook so my trips are always really focused on food hahaha

Thanks guys!

Salvador

Polly from Washington, DC

You are going to have so much fun in Salvador! Pelourinho is a beautiful and historic part of town, where you'll find street carts serving acarajé and caipirinhas. Loved the bolinhas de camarão and empadas I had at a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant in Rio Vermelho  too, and the moqueca at Paraíso Tropical was recommended, though I didn't make it there. There are many gorgeous old church - Igreja e Convento de São Francisco was a beautiful one. You can also check out the beaches (like Praia do Flamengo) and a beautiful lighthouse, Farol da Barra. The Elevador Lacerda takes you down to the Mercado Modelo. Mostly, just walking around and taking in the sights, sounds, and parties is enough to fill a few days.

1. Pelourinho (attraction)
  2. Rio Vermelho (attraction)
  3. Paraíso Tropical (restaurant)
  4. Igreja e Convento de São Francisco (attraction)
  5. Praia do Flamengo (attraction)
  6. Farol da Barra (attraction)
  7. Elevador Lacerda (attraction)
  8. Mercado Modelo (attraction)