Salento

Best free things to do in Salento?

I'm going to be in Salento next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Hernán David from Cartago, Valle del Cauca

Hiking the Valley of Cocora (4 hours) (be sure to take the loop path) but you have to pay the transport to there from Salento in a Jeep (like 1.5$ dollars per person)

Go to a walk in the "Calle Real", go in the afthernoom and sightseeing the architecture and the handcrafts.

Go up to the lookout, and enjoy the view of Salento, there are a short hiking to, I even camp in that place (although is not allowed, I spoke to a guard who let me put up my tent)

There are coffe tours where you can learn how is the process of make coffe from the planting to the roasting. Is not free, but I get one of the best coffe tours I ever had (I live in the coffe axis, so so I've been to many) just for 2$ dollars.

1. Cocora (attraction)
  2. Salento (attraction)