Katie from Los Angeles asked

Best free things to do in Saint Michaels (Maryland)?

I'm going to be in Saint Michaels (Maryland) next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Saint Michaels (Maryland)

Carolyn from Centreville, Md

Hi Katie, It's a nice town to walk around and look at the old restored homes. The big museum down there is the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, there is an admission charge. The main drag is filled with boutique shops and some art galleries. You can rent bikes TriCycle and Run. The entire area is flat, easy riding, and it's really pretty. The area is all about the outdoors, so if biking is not your thing, you could rent a kayak or paddleboard Shore Pedal & Paddle. There is a farmer's market on Saturdays. St. Michael's is also home to a brewery, winery and distillery, all really close to one another and offer tours and tastings. Hope this helps!

Check the Talbot County website (http://tourtalbot.org) to see if there are any events happening the dates of your visit.

Robin

I have lived 10miles from St Michaels my entire life (44yrs).  It is absolutely Beautiful here, however the weather could be 50degrees or 80 :).  Walking around St Michaels and visiting St. Michaels Winery, eating crab or seafood Crab Claw Restaurantor Foxy's Harbor Grilleis a must.  Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Baris a must eat, as well as Crepes by the Bay.  Visit Tilghman Island, Oxford and Easton while you are here.  There are plenty of museums to enjoy as well. Have Fun 

1. St. Michaels Winery (restaurant)
  2. Crab Claw Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Foxy's Harbor Grille (restaurant)
  4. Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar (restaurant)
  5. Crepes by the Bay (restaurant)