Peter
Munich

Sacramento

Things to do and see in Sacramento

I have a question for this amazing community. I am heading to Sacramento next week and will stay there probably two weeks.

Can you recommend interesting things or must see places?

I heard about old sacramento, which looks kinda this old cowboy towns.

Anything else in or around Sacramento?

Linda from California

Not quite sure what you are interested in, but it is Sandhill Crane season and I've been told that it is quite amazing to see this birds fly in at sunset.

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Regions/3/Crane-Tour

It is also apple season, so if you have a car, it is a pleasant drive up to apple hill with a must stop at Abel's Apple Acresfor an apple donut, apple fritter, apple pie, or caramel apple!

http://www.applehill.com

There's always the Sacramento Sunday Farmers Markett.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/sunday-farmers-market-sacramento

The B Street Theatre is our local small production theater. http://bstreettheatre.org

Hope this helps!

1. Abel's Apple Acres (attraction)
  2. B Street Theatre (attraction)
  3. Sacramento Sunday Farmers Market (attraction)

Carly from Sacramento, California

I love to go to the California State Capitol Museum or the Crocker Art Museum. Walking through the Capitol Park Hotel rose gardens is beautiful, and there are a lot of monuments that talk about the city's history and ones that honor the war veterans. Also, a MUST is to go to Rick's Dessert Diner it's so so good. If you have a chance, go see Music Circus, any production is going to be amazing, I guarantee. I've never personally been, but my friends are massive fans of the California State Railroad MuseumSutter's Fort State Historic Park and McKinley Park are nice places as well. The Sacramento Zoo is nice, but for me personally, if you've seen one zoo, you've seen them all. So if you've already been to a zoo before, this one is pretty average.

Hope this helps! Have a great stay in my hometown:) !! 

1. California State Capitol Museum (attraction)
  2. Crocker Art Museum (attraction)
  3. Capitol Park Hotel (hotel)
  4. Rick's Dessert Diner (restaurant)
  5. Music Circus (attraction)
  6. California State Railroad Museum (attraction)
  7. Sutter's Fort State Historic Park (attraction)
  8. McKinley Park (attraction)
  9. Sacramento Zoo (attraction)

Phil from Stockton, California

For a bite and a beer, check out Firestone Public HouseINK Eats & Drinks, or Republic Bar & Grill

The best sushi in town is Lou's Sushi. Try the Malachi Crunch or Crab on Steroids. 

Apple Hill is a good spot for a day trip. You can check out the apple orchards, tree farms, wineries, and breweries. Jack Russell Farm Brewery is a good place to grab some cider.

There are good trails all along the American River, I like the area around Hazel Ave and Lake Natoma.

Old Sacramento is always fun, check out Ten22 for a nice dinner or just wander around the wood plank sidewalks. You may even want to check out Delta King Hotel an old river boat turned hotel and restaurant.

Good luck and enjoy Sacramento!

1. Firestone Public House (restaurant)
  2. INK Eats & Drinks (restaurant)
  3. Republic Bar & Grill (restaurant)
  4. Lou's Sushi (restaurant)
  5. Jack Russell Farm Brewery (restaurant)
  6. Ten22 (restaurant)
  7. Delta King Hotel (restaurant)

Yes, Old Sacramento Historic District is fun!  You don't need a car if you're staying there and can walk around everywhere. Nearby to Old Sacramento is my favorite dessert spot in the city, Rick's Dessert Diner in Downtown Sac.  So many cakes in there!  You can miss it.  The whole building's pink.

Walking distance from there is Chicago Fire for Chicago-style pizza.  So good!

If you want to get out of the city, Davis is very close and a really cool college town that would be fun to explore.  Lake Tahoe is a couple of hours' drive away if you want to go on hikes and be near water (coming from San Francisco, I stop off in Sacramento for food when heading to Tahoe).  There's also wine tasting in Napa not too far away.

Hope this helps!

1. Old Sacramento Historic District (neighborhood)
  2. Rick's Dessert Diner (restaurant)
  3. Chicago Fire (restaurant)
  4. Davis (city)
  5. Lake Tahoe (attraction)
  6. Napa (city)

Matt from Sacramento

The California State Railroad Museum in old town is pretty good, also Delta King Hotel is an old river boat and is good for an after dinner drink at the bar upstairs. The best burger in town is Burgers and Brew. If you are a wine drinker, head to El Dorado County, about 45 minutes from downtown.  It's very scenic and there are a lot of good wines. 

1. California State Railroad Museum (attraction)
  2. Delta King Hotel (restaurant)
  3. Burgers and Brew (attraction)
  4. El Dorado County (metro area)

Peter from Munich

Here a small update with some pictures of Old Sacramento Historic District

https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter-r/sets/72157649198229779/

I hope you like them. Old Sacramento is amazing :)