Supun
Carson (California)

Supun from Carson (California) asked

Visiting Rwanda while visiting Tanzania

I'm planing a trip to climb Kilimanjaro in December. While researching, I'm also really curious and interested about the chances of visiting Rwanda. What's the best way to get there from Tanzania? Should I do a few days in Rwanda before or after doing Kilimanjaro?

The biggest draw to see Rwanda for me is to see the mountain gorillas up close. Is that possible in December? How soon do I need to book to reserve my spot? How do I book it? Do you recommend any tour operators?

What else is worth doing while in that area? I kind of want to rough it for a few days while in Rwanda and maybe do some camping or find a way to connect with a local non-profit/NGO and I enjoy walking around in nature. 

I'm just getting started into looking into what's possible so any and all ideas are great. 

thanks

Rwanda   Tanzania

Mutasa from Kampala

Well I am from Uganda and Uganda too offers gorilla trekking like Rwanda. I should say maybe you try Uganda on your bucket list.

Supun
thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know it was also possible to see mountain gorillas in Uganda too. I posted a new question about it, so that this thread stays on topic for Rwanda. I'm looking forward for your suggestions on how to get there and any places to see in addition to what else I can do there: http://www.trippy.com/question/Uganda-Should-I-consider-visiting-Uganda-while-visiting-Tanzania . I love to learn about new places

Maria
Uganda is beautiful and has every thing. Enjoy

1. Uganda (attraction)