Mandy
Berlin

Mandy from Berlin asked

Trans-Siberian train - how & what to plan?

I'm planning to take the Trans-Siberian train from Moscow to Beijing, via Mongolia. We will start end of July probably.

We are still in early stage, so there are many questions and I hope you might help me here a bit:

• What's the best way to purchase the train tickets? 
  • What type of ticket would you recommend (which class)
  • Is it possible to get off the train and take another train a few days later using the same ticket?
  • Which stops would you recommend to get off the train?
  • Is the timing (July/August) ok? 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Russia   China   Mongolia   Moscow (Russia)

Janine from Seattle

Book your tickets here http://www.trans-siberian.co.uk/our-trips/?gclid=CJmsleezzsMCFcZbfgodcRgApQ . I would say your standard economy class would be just fine. I had a friend who did this and thought his seating arrangement was just fine in economy class. I'm almost 90% sure that you won't be able to take another train if you get off your scheduled route. The website above has a pretty good FAQ page! 

Mandy
Thanks for the link, Janine! I'll have a look.