Corinne

Rome

Rome hotel options for mom and college aged daughter?

My 20 year old daughter and I are staying in Rome for 3 nights in early October. Where is a good mid priced hotel that will be convenient for sightseeing?

Krista from San Francisco

Hi Corinne,

I love the Gianicolo area (home to the American University) and Hotel Gianicolo is breathtaking. The area itself is super walkable and close to Dell'Acqua Paola Fountain, sweeping views of the center and Villa Doria Pamphilj, Rome's largest park. You can also walk to Trastevere, a beautiful and historic neighborhood.

I highly recommend and often use Airbnb for travels. You can find beautiful apartments, flats, and homes for great prices in both lesser and well known areas. Other neighborhoods to consider for easy sightseeing may be Piazza Navona and Campo de' Fiori.

Enjoy Rome! :)

1. Dell'Acqua Paola Fountain (attraction)
  2. Villa Doria Pamphilj (attraction)
  3. Trastevere (neighborhood)
  4. Piazza Navona (attraction)
  5. Campo de' Fiori (attraction)

Laurel from Calgary

My 20 year old daughter and I stayed at Hotel Teatro Pace near Piazza Navona. The location was great and the hotel has a room with a separate second single bed up a short flight of stairs. It gave us each a bit more privacy. 

1. Hotel Teatro Pace (hotel)
  2. Piazza Navona (attraction)

Judy from Marblehead

My 21 yr old and I absolutely Loved Hotel Lunetta.  Great location, a few blocks away from Piazza Navona, great little restaurants and boutiques near hotel and a fabulous breakfast as part of the price of the room.  Basement is a cave-like spa.  Highly recommend!!!

1. Hotel Lunetta (hotel)
  2. Piazza Navona (attraction)

Pamela from Los Gatos

I had a great experience with Rome Private Excursions! They were fantastic! They aren't the cheapest, but well worth it. I highly recommend using them, as I did, to take a day tour down the Amalfi Coast...you choose the stops. I checked out Positano, Sorrento, and Amalfi...and had an AMAZING lunch through the tour company and a little family-owned restaurant overseeing all of Positano. I would never have known the restaurant was there without them taking me. I had such a great experience, I book a night tour of Rome with the same tour guide. Highly recommend them!

1. Amalfi Coast (attraction)
  2. Positano (attraction)
  3. Sorrento (attraction)
  4. Amalfi (city)

Kristal from San Francisco

Hi Corinne, 

I was there last year and found a great B&B (http://formyfriendsbnb.com/en/) if you simply google "For my Friend's b&b, Rome), you will find Trip Advisor reviews as well. I liked this location in particular because it is 2 blocks away from the Vatican and we had an early booking, so we left the apartment and in less than 5 minutes we were inside, avoiding all the chaos of public transportation or taxis. I highly recommend it if you are going to the Vatican. For all other sights, we were a short metro ride away, not expensive and very convenient. The neighborhood was super safe and the host was extremely nice. She made us breakfast (more than just the usual b&b spread) and was very informative. 

Hope this helps!

Spencer from Winnipeg

I would recommend a VRBO instead of a hotel, better bang for your buck!