Corinne

Rome

Recommendations for a private city tour in Rome?

Do you have a recommendation for a full or half day private city tour guide for me and my 20 year old daughter?

Diana from Rome

Hi Corinne, 

As Kelly has mentioned, there are many good guides in Rome. I have been on some phenomenal tours, all group tours, but am sure that these companies would offer the same exceptional experience for a private city tour. Here are a few I would be very happy to recommend: Agnes of Understanding Rome, Context Travel, ScooterRoma,The Roman Guy, and Walks of Italy

Hope that helps and have a great time in Rome!

Kelly from Rome

Hi Corinne, there are loads of great guides in Rome, but living here and knowing several, I will recommend 2 that can custom tailor the tour for you and your daughter's specific interests so that you get the most out of your time.

Italy Hotline has a wide range of guides, but by far their best is Anthony Majanlahti who has published several books about the city and knows everything! You can check out their website Italy Hotline and contact telling them what kind of tour you are looking for.

Another favorite guide of mine is Agnes of Understanding Rome. She is a wonderful, personable art historian and also knows everything about the city and its ancient as well as contemporary history.

I hope this helps and that you have the chance to learn more about Rome during  your stay.

Krista from San Francisco

Hi Corrine,

+1 for Scooter Roma Tours & Walks of Italy - both are awesome! I also recommend checking out Vayable.com, a site that allows you to plan a custom itinerary with a local guide. :)

Enjoy Rome!

Cassandra from Long Island (New York)

HI Corinne,

For my travel company i have just connected with Scooter Roma Tours.  They offer vespa's, bike tours as well as walking & food full & half day tours (they are an .  

You should also check out Walks of Italy--they offer a night time tour of the Colosseum (which is fantastic)!

Hope that helps a bit!

Yoana from Santa Ana

not sure about a private tour, but we avoided the long lines in attractions by purchasing a Roma Pass at thecStazione Roma Termini (Rome train station) it's like a fast pass for colosseum, roman forum etc. the pass also comes with a map. 

1. Stazione Roma Termini (attraction)

M'artìna from Thiene

yes sure contact Ginevra Lovatelli, The secret rome

Sarah from Paris

Hi Corinne, 

What type of tours do you want to do ? Something more cultural or something more unusual ?

There are many tours in Rome offering cultural visit! But if you want something more unusual, there are now many start ups offering visit with local guides ! Personnally, I've tried Bubble-Globe (the ancient rome walking tour) and i spent a really nice afternoon with Barbara !

Enjoy Rome !

check out context tours

Laurel from Calgary

Check Elizabeth Minchilli's food tours in Rome. We did one and loved it! http://www.elizabethminchilliinrome.com/food-tours/

Inez from Rome

I just came back from Rome last month, and booked the Food Crawl Rome Tour from Gourmetaly. It was lots of fun, definitely one of the best street food I've had during my entire visit to Rome :)

Alternatively, if you want a different sort of tour experience, and have something that is food-centric, do check out BonAppetour (disclaimer: I work for BonAppetour). But I've had the chance to check out each of the hosts in Italy recently, I can vouch for the quality! I am in my early 20s as well, and I can totally imagine me and my mom enjoying the experience..Do check it out :)