Gery
Brussels

Rome

Looking for Historic Accommodation in the center of Rome

I'm passionate about period buildings and old places that have stories to tell. Do you know any authentic (preserved in its original design) house in the centre of Rome which provide accommodation? It can be an old inn, hotel, B&B, convent ... as long as I can "spend a night in History"! Thanks a lot for your answers.

Perla from Alexandria (Virginia)

When I was based in Rome, I stayed at the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora. It was paid by the airline (no choice). It's one of the oldest hotels in Rome.

I once stayed in Hotel Santa Maria on vacation. Very affordable. Nice hotel. I enjoyed my stay.

2. Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora (hotel)
  3. Hotel Santa Maria (hotel)

The nuns run a series of homes through Case Perferie that are nice and unique. Many historic homes have been converted to hotels under this group. It was recommended to me by a close Italian friend who knows Rome well though I wasn't able to use them for my travels there, there are many places that look very nice.

http://www.caseperferie.org/