Terri
Napa Valley

Rome

Hotel for 6 women to share 2 or 3 rooms?

I'm going to Italy with 6 women to celebrate a milestone birthday.  We will only be in Rome for 2 nights, so, unfortunately, renting an apartment is not an option.   I'm hoping to find a hotel with some sort of outdoor terrace and/or rooftop with a bar that also has rooms large enough to accommodate 2-3 in each room.  Definitely want to stay in the centro.  And we cannot spend $1,000 per night, so The Hassler is out.  Don't want a place that is too dark and stuffy, since we are a lively group.  Has anyone gone with a large group sharing rooms and stayed at a place that fills this want list?  Thanks.

Crystal from Anchorage

Hello,

A ladies trip to Rome, Italy sounds so exciting! I know you said you have discounted apartments, but I would reconsider this though. With an apartment you could have space, have a common area that you could all enjoy each others company over glasses of wine and cheese from a local shop, and could be more affordable than you might think. For a cap of $1000 per night you could easily find something in a great location near restaurants, attractions and night life. Here are a couple of Airbnb options I have found that look like great choices that are in the central part of town and are in your price range:

PIAZZA DI SPAGNA - VITEHOUSE 12:

It has 3 bedrooms, 5 beds, and is steps from the Trevi Fountain for $484/night.

CASAFLOWER:

This apartment is in a guesthouse, has 2 bedrooms, 3 beds, and it's entrance faces Piazza Campo. It has an accessible terrace all for $484/night.

Note about Airbnb: I don't know if these specific rooms will be available on your travel dates. To get a more accurate list of available options, complete the Airbnb search filters with your exact dates, number of people (6), and your price range.

If you and your group are set on staying in a hotel, there are lots of good options there too.

Sleeps5 has a good list of centrally located hotels that have rooms for 5+.

If you were looking for luxury in your price range, look at Palazzo Montemartini. It looks beautiful and has rooms for 3 people starting at about $450/ night.

I hope this is a good start, have a wonderful time in Rome!

1. Rome, Italy (attraction)
  2. Palazzo Montemartini (hotel)