Paulina
Rochester (New York)

Rome

Hostel/Hotel Suggestions?

Traveling to Rome from Dec 27 to Jan 1st. What is the best hostel/hotel to stay at? Looking for something for 3 students. Affordable and at a decent location. 

Victoria from Riga

Paulina, check this: http://www.romeloft.com/accommodation/spanish-steps-area/page/2/

This apartment in particular I personally stayed 2 weeks ago at, it is for 2 guests however. But the location and the price is incredible:

http://www.romeloft.com/4046-spanish-step-loft/

Look for something at similar location or contact the host to ask for solution if you are a group of three. They are super friendly.

Hope this helps! x

Annemarie from New York City

My favorite is Hotel Donatello, right off Porta Maggiore, and right near a wealth of amazing coffee shops and restaurants, plus the gate is beautiful at night and you are within walking distance to the Coliseum. As far as hostels go, The Beehive Hotel is spacious and near  Stazione Roma Termini, and because it's so clean and modern, attracts a wide variety of guests, not just party backpackers.

1. Hotel Donatello (hotel)
  2. Porta Maggiore (attraction)
  3. The Beehive Hotel (hotel)
  4. Stazione Roma Termini (attraction)

I stayed in a fabulous little apartment near the Piazza Navona.  Can't find it now on Homeaway.com, but that's the first place I'd search. I find that staying in apartments can be less expensive and more comfortable, plus, they includes kitchens for quick, easy breakfasts. Booking.com has some nice apartments too.

The Piazza Navona is incredibly central to everything, so we walked (with young children) to the Vatican City, the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, and all the other well known attractions.

We stayed there Dec 25-31. There's a wonderful Christmas market at the Piazza Navona as well.  Epiphany is on 6 January, so if you're in Italy then, do look for local celebrations with the Bufana (witch that brings the presents to children).

1. Vatican City (city)
  2. Trevi Fountain (attraction)
  3. Colosseum (attraction)
  4. Piazza Navona (attraction)

Georgi from United Kingdom

I would say choose something on AirBnB and share the money for the rent. For the price you decide to pay you will get a better return for your money in terms of comforts than a hotel room.