Perla
Oregon

Perla from Oregon asked

Free time on arrival day in Rome, what is there to do?

We are arriving in Rome March 24th, we will be at the city center of Rome at aprox. 10am, we will be there until about 3pm, what is nearby that my sister and I (and maybe some of the group) could do. We like anything new, we probably will be pretty tired from the flight so not so much walking.

Rome (Italy)

Rome is a really beautiful city to just wander around, with amazing art and sculpture in every church and on every corner. If it is your first time there, and your time is limited, I would take in the Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon and maybe the Borghese Gallery and Museum.

There are plenty of walking tours that are worth doing also.

Brenda
Trevi under construction and major disappointment

2. Piazza Navona (attraction)
  3. Trevi Fountain (attraction)
  4. Spanish Steps (attraction)
  5. Pantheon (attraction)
  6. Borghese Gallery and Museum (attraction)
Lindsay from Traveling Throughout Europe :-)

Eat gelato at Come il Latte - that is all ;-) 

Get the handmade waffle cone... say yes to the chocolate fountain... the salted caramel is amazing.

aaaaah now I am hungry :-) 

http://www.comeillatte.it/

Krista
+1 for gelato! I love Old Bridge (though it's a chain and you can find several scattered around the city) and of course, Dario Benelli of Le Gourmandise. He makes ice cream for the Pope, so you know it's top notch! :)

1. Come il Latte (attraction)
Rusty from Warden, Washington

Go to the Borghese Gallery and Museum gardens for a stroll. Pretty awesome way to get away from the craziness of Rome.

Krista
Villa Borghese is amazing! You can also rent bicycles, sit on the tiny "lago" in a boat, or people watch.