Erfan
Charlotte

Erfan from Charlotte asked

Favorite/best hotel in Rome?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to stay (what hotel) while in Rome? I will be going there in October for my honeymoon and trying to find a place that has a good location and reasonably priced. Any input is welcome!

Thanks for all the help!

Rome

Michael from San Leandro

Hello- we stayed at The Opera Hotel Rome, near the opera house of course. Nice rooms, good breakfast and near to Termini as well. We paid 235 a night. Hotels are tough in Rome. The chains that americans are used to arent around. Mostly little boutique hotels vs a larger chain. That can be both good and bad. If you go eithout advice you could be making a mistake

m from Rome

I stayed at the Casa per Ferie Santa Brigida.  The beds are singles, so maybe a bit odd for a honeymoon.  But at $75/night, it was a bargain.  It included breakfast and the location was excellent for walking basically anywhere in Rome (that's what I did).  Most of the brand name hotels are outside of the main areas of Rome, so you'll do a lot of taxi'ing.  http://www.brigidine.org/brigidineorg/en-EN/GalleriaFarnese.aspx

Another option is Casa la Salle (run by the Christian Brothers).  It is a tad farther than the convent, but less "busy" and still very accessible.  I have not stayed, but I hear great things and the brothers are wonderful in my other experience with them (VERY hospitable).

http://www.casalasalle.com/index.php?lang=en

Enjoy!!

Zara from Sofia

The First Luxury Art Hotel Roma is also very nice. Between Piazza del Popolo and the Spanish Steps. Has the best rooftop bar in town! 

Hi Erfan,

The Hotel Santa Maria in Trastevere is really nice, with lovely staff and is close to the St Maria in Trastevere Basilica The rooms are spacious and well equipped, although not plush. Breakfast is served outside under the orange trees. I love the Trastevere district, it feels like "real Rome" and there are great restaurants and clubs within steps of the hotel and yet it is very quiet (it was originally a monastery)

1. Hotel Santa Maria (hotel)
  2. Trastevere (neighborhood)
  3. St Maria in Trastevere Basilica (attraction)
  4. Trastevere (neighborhood)