Robert

Rome

Rome Day Trips

We are considering taking a day trip from Rome to Pompeii- does anyone know of a reputable tour company that does this particular excursion?

Valerie from Seattle

Robert, cool idea! I stayed in Naples for a night before doing my tour, but I think it could be done in a day trip if you're up early enough in the morning!

I took a day trip from Naples to Pompeii that I found on Viator, but it looks like they have a pre-set trip from Rome already set up (http://www.viator.com/tours/Rome/Pompeii-Day-Trip-from-Rome/d511-3731VESUVIUS).

If you want to spend more time in Naples though, I'd suggest it. Taking the Frecciarossa train south from Stazione Roma Termini is an easy and beautiful ride--especially if you're not taking the trains at any other point in your stay, it's worth having that experience! There are lots of cool things to see in Naples... (Ovo Castle, Da Michele, and much more!).

Hope this gives you some things to think about! Have a great trip!

1. Stazione Roma Termini (attraction)
  2. Ovo Castle (attraction)
  3. Da Michele (restaurant)

Eric from Seattle

We used Viator in Sept. 2012 for our Rome to Pompeii activity. Instead of using the full guided tour, we used the "independent" version which is, basically, comfortable transportation to and from leaving you to your own devices in Pompeii. Pretty seamless - leaves from just next to the Stazione Termini.

http://www.viator.com/tours/Rome/Rome-to-Pompeii-Shuttle-Bus-and-Independent-Day-Trip/d511-3058VESUVIUS

1. Stazione Termini (attraction)

Kelly from Rome

There is a great company called Italy hotline who offers a day trip from Rome to Pompei with a private guide and driver- I highly recommend them, all of their tour guides are above and beyond knowledgeable and they provide a wonderful experience.

Here is the link to that specific tour

2. Pompei (attraction)