Lincoln
Dallas, Texas

Rome

Bus transfer from Ciampino airport to Rome city center

What is the best bus service for transfer between Ciampino airport and Rome city center? 

Alex from London

I may be wrong about this, but I have only ever taken the terravision bus from Ciampino Airport. I'm not sure if there are many others...

Okay I'm going to try to be a bit more helpful than that! :)

Right, so the bus takes just under an hour between Ciampino and Roma Termini and costs about 5EUR.  I normally just get my ticket once I land at the airport. It runs pretty regularly, at least once an hour, but you should check for national holidays or weekend schedules.

Sit Bus Shuttle runs a good service between Ciampino town and Roma Termini which includes wifi.  You do however have to make your way into town, last I heard this bus wasn't stopping at arrivals/departures.

Which brings me to the city shuttle.  Ciampino airport has a service that will take you to Ciampino train station. A transfer to Roma Termini then takes about 15mins and costs 1EUR. Depending on what time you land, and whether it matches up with the Terravision schedule, the train may be a better solution.

Last but not least, you also have the option of a booked shuttle which may cost about 10-20EUR but will take you in a shared minibus door-to-door to your hotel or accommodation.  This is just slightly cheaper than a taxi (20-40EUR) but almost as convinient.

Safe travels!

Yoana from Santa Ana

It's best to take the train. I stayed in Isernia and went to Rome and airport via Train. The airport has signage where it will direct you to the train. You can always ask the customer service reps any questions. They speak English and will tell you where to go.

Desirae

We took the subway throughout Rome. It is very well connected!

alessandro from Asciano

Ciao Lincoln the cheaper way

http://www.terravision.eu/airport_transfer/bus-ciampino-airport-rome/?noredirect=en_US

regards

alessandro draghi

molinello

Francesco from Francavilla Fontana

Dear Lincoln,

There are a lot of buses that start in the square in front of the airport, so spending 4-5 euros you can reach in 40 minutes the central station. I can tell that one is like another, you have to take the bus that starts before :-)

Francesco

Scooter rental Rome bike rental Rome